In the coming weeks, beta testers will begin receiving a sneak peak of Precinct 6.0 (code name: Olivia Benson.) There a number of exciting leaps in our most advanced build.
Cassandra – Infinite Storage & Replication
A major shift in 6.0 is in the backend database. The following benefits come from a move to Cassandra.
- Data retention limits are removed for infinite data scale. (Precinct 5.x has a hard limit of 64PB across 255 nodes.)
- Full data replication for “always up” deployments. Updates can be applied to individual data nodes while others stay up/operational to prevent any down time of the cluster when maintenance needs to occur.
- Precinct 6.x allows for infinite data rates through horizontal & vertical sizing of streamer & data nodes.
- Cassandra also provides a distributed data architecture to allow subsequent Precinct releases to perform bleeding edge data research.
- Query times are up to 50x faster than heavy use 5.x deployments.
Dojo – Codeless Orchestration & Automation
Dojo is a framework that provides a graphical interface for creating custom API integrations and custom automatic & manual workflows without the need to code. We are really excited about these features and much more will follow but below you will find a teaser.
New UI – Built on User Research
Based on hundreds of hours of user research, data analysis & feature requests, the user interface has been rebuilt from the ground up utilizing the most advanced frameworks. The interface is streamlined for security pros and optimized for modern browsers & platforms.
Beta testing is expected to start in September & conclude in October. Stay tuned for more updates and let us know if your organization would like to participate in the beta testing.